Mr William Flannery BM BS FRCS(ORL-HNS)
Our digital front end post pandemic
We provide a digital-first service with an initial video consultation. This allows for a careful history to be taken, scans, hearing, balance and bloods tests to be ordered and where appropriate a trial of medication or other therapeutic intervention. The follow up appointment is in my face-to-face clinic at Circle Reading hospital (for adults) or Townlands Memorial hospital (for children).
We use the highly-secure Zoom for Healthcare application as our video consultation platform.
What to do next
- Book an appointment with us in the usual way (phone, email or online app)
- You will need a smart phone, tablet or laptop
- You will need the Zoom app loaded on your device
- We will send you a link, our personal meeting number and your practice patient number
- Follow the link or type in our personal meeting number into your Zoom app
- IMPORTANT: We have an additional layer of security. When you launch Zoom, you will be asked for the meeting number and your name. The name box will often be pre-filled in on your device. Please re-type with your surname and your practice patient number. You will then be admitted to the waiting room. Please note if your name and number are not on the clinic list, you will NOT be called in from the waiting room for your consultation.
- Please confirm first with your insurer they cover video consultations
To summarise ...
- Launch the Zoom app on your device
- Press join a meeting
- Enter the meeting number and then your surname and practice patient number
- Press join meeting
- Your name will then appear in our waiting room